September 20, 2011

Hi! don't really feel like adding a post actually, since it would flush down my post on the lyrics of the background song, but feel that I should update somehow on my life, since I have the time now..
haven't really exactly start shift work yet, but there had been an adjustment of mindset on my part recently. I should say that my previous mentality of not doing anything for the period of foundation programme is not right, and this change is for the better. I think I was mostly on the "defensive mode" during the past week that I have been in the ward, and be it because the ward staff have got used to me, or that I have became friendlier by opening up, or that they were just in a better mood, I feel that with my trying to get involved in the nursing care made my days much more bearable, just that I need to worry less about getting irritating and just need to be thicker skinned. Okay, actually it is a day, since it was just one single day that I felt this way, and I have yet to continue my momentum :) hope that I can finally feel being a part of the ward family, instead of being apart from them. Good luck to me! :))
anyway today I've come to really learn the impact of the tone of voice being able to bring more meaning across than the words themselves, and that body languages (facial expressions too I supposed) aids on to the communication. I have heard the theory more than twice now, both times in service quality related lessons, and thought that it may not be as true as the lecturers make it to me. Well, I supposed I am slightly wrong, and that I should try to change my tone, and watch my pitch and my facial expression, while trying to keep the defensive body language to myself. Being able to strongly believe in something and yourself is a good characteristic I think, but when it comes across as getting too defensive to an extent of turning aggressive and demanding/reprimanding, it is something to watch out for. People always complain about how others seem to carry a condescending tone, without realising they are doing so themselves. Okay, I should reflect on myself too..I think when I want to talk about something I believe strongly in, I should keep my voice higher-but-still-pleasantly-pitched but softer and contained..bleah cause I've realised when I talk about something serious, I tend to lower my voice and made it even more serious and matter-of-fact.....actually, I guess I should not feel too strongly about anything, and listen to people instead of giving my often-wrong opinions LOL and I should not complain about anything much since I would regret it later anyway..I always mostly regret whatever bad things I said about some people..and since 說多錯多 (the more you say the more mistakes will occur), I should refrain from talking too much..like how the training personnel may not mean to be demeaning or looking down at us when comparing with another batch of trainees, he appeared so to some of us..words, the power of words. haha.
okay actually the previous paragraph has nothing to do with my ward, just something I thought of during today's "adventure", and by the way I am talking about it here, I won't remember what I was actually referring to in days to come..but I am very lazy to go to the other blog to say about this with the details and in a more proper sentence structure so..hahahah this will do :p
anyhow, I slept for 12 hours on Saturday-Sunday! haha and after sleeping at about 9+ everyday for the past weeks and still feeling tired after, I am currently feeling super energetic considering the sudden decrease in sleeping hours..i guess this is not exactly healthy but well, since when am I ever healthy? :P and I should not "brag" about this now that I haven't even start waking up early for morning shifts yet, which is going to start on THURSDAY!!! arh!! :O
......darn, I am feeling sleepy this minute...ciao then! おやすみなさい!