May 09, 2010

hrm before I go to sleep, I thought I should just post a short something about the concert tonight.
erm it's been a while since i last touched my dizi so i had a hard time at the beginning..and with me mostly alone with no one particularly close to me i learnt to stone (LOL)..anyway it grew to be more fun as the practices come and go and finally the actual concert is here! :) i fully rmb the first piece (which is jiao long) but i lost it here and there for the second one..oops :P (that is huang he) and i actually committed some mistakes here and there for long teng..but oh well, given that i just start memorising the score yesterday, that's quite a feat right? (okay I'm just making excuses I should have memorised it long before yesterday :X) ANYWAY I wouldn't say this is not a nice concert, but I won't say it is splendid either..maybe it's encore, but long teng came out one section rushing another and for a while I thought we're gone. haix. but we didn't, so somehow it ended on a fine note :) even though I was sulking a little bit (really just a little bit that is gone after some reassurance from ruth hahahahahah) after that I guess this is one performance that I would have want to attend and would have enjoyed watching..but of course, the concert is a little short I THINK.
haha I was already experiencing some degree of mental block by 9plus when the concert ended so don't expect that this post makes much sense. just though it a routine thing to do and should be done so that I remember this is the day that I went back as an alumnus to play with the juniors, after 5 years post-graduation. HAHA.