July 01, 2008

I'm like, SO lucky today.
Went out a little later than usual because I didn't manage to drag myself up the usual time, so I was glad that I wore flats for the day so that I can walk faster to the MRT station. Then when I reached the MRT station, I looked at the screen that shows when the next train is coming, and since it showed 2 mins and 3 mins for the next 2 trains, I slowed down my speed, planning to catch the second train. When I reached the platform, which probably took at least 1 min, the screen still was showing 2 mins, so I thought something was wrong. Then the 2 min stayed on the screen for about 5 mins before it changed to "Do Not Board" with announcements overhead. Like, okay...then the "Do Not Board" train came full of people, and all of them alighted at my stop. So the station basically is filled with people that can probably fill up 1 entire train already. The guy then announced after another 3 mins, that the next train is going to come in 10 mins' time. All of us apparently groaned at it. You know, if this kind of thing happens, usually an empty train will come to ship us all right?But hell no. The next train came 1 min later, full of people to the brim since it was the morning rushing hours, and the one train worth of people on the platform didn't manage to board it at all. Then another train came, and another...I finally managed to squeeze onto a train 20 mins later. Then since my company is situated in quite a ulu place that we usually access via shuttle bus, I had no choice but to WALK all the way to the building since the last shuttle bus had gone since don't know when when I finally reached Somerset. I really really made a right choice by wearing flats. By the time I reach the office, it was already 0910. THEN. When I came home just now, the train stopped at Novena for a whole 10 mins because the train ahead was "defective", then the train moved for about 100m before it stopped for another 5 mins again. So much for all the development and attracting Singaporeans to take public transport. I bet those Taxi drivers must be super happy to have this kind of things happening everyday.
Anyway work is as usual, I can almost feel that I am mastering the arts of slacking without anyone noticing. Okay maybe they noticed, but seriously you can't blame me for surfing when I have nothing to do, right? Finally confirm my end of contract date, so I have 2 1/2 week more to go.
I want to watch "The Devil" I want to watch "Iijimae" I want to watch all the variety show I want to sleep like nobody's business I want to just do nothing all day. After I finish my contract, I have 1 week to do all these before camp and school starts. Well, I think I finally understand the meaning of "precious time".