May 18, 2008

went to SMU business high-tea yesterday with zhuangyuan.
Don't get me wrong and presume that I got accepted into SMU, because I didn't and I didn't even apply for it (anyway even if I do probably I can't make it through the interview :S). went there cause Zhuangyuan needed to go and didn't want to go alone and her bf is not available to accompany her. (oh btw she got accepted in all three Unis' business school...) haha anyway it in a way shocked me to think about my options for Uni (not that I have any at this instance)
they kept emphasizing yet and again that it is going to be an option that will affect our life and future, that it's a choice that we'd better make if we're well-informed of what we are going to get into, a decision that there will not be any turning back. Then I thought about myself and my option of being in nursing. Can I imagine myself being a nurse a few years down the road? can I get myself a first class honours in that (sorry i'm a bit ambitious but i thought i need to set a goal to get me going and study hard)? can I get the life I want in the future eventually? What salary will I get, will I be appreciated or recognised for my effort? Where will I be placed in life? There are so many questions now that make me uncertain whether it'd be a wise choice to accept nursing. However, now there are only two options for me: to accept nursing or to do without a place in any Uni. After all NTU business is going to have their own high-tea session this coming sat, so since I didn't get any letter by this week I'm safe to assure myself I'm being rejected and they didn't even bother to send me a rejection letter. Which left me only with nursing course, and the things I need to do now is to find a positive answer to the questions above or to generate the strength in me to carry on and bear all the consequences if it doesn't turn out well (of course I hope for the better but it's unpredictable)
There is no turning back in life, and I'm going to be brave enough to carry on.