I keep on having this delusion/illusion that today is Friday, then I have to remind myself that I still have one more day to dwell in the office and pretend to be busy when actually I am bored to death. Well, one more day till the end of the week, then it'd be one more week till the end of my contract. Somehow I believe that no one in my team actually remembers next week would be my final week in the office, so apparently the chance of my contract getting extended is quite slim. I guess I will miss working in AIG, knowing that most probably I won't get another chance to take the shuttle bus everyday to Martin Road again. Or another chance to work with our team, since according to Maria (the one I am helping out), the last time they had a temp was more than 2 years ago. For one, if not for the leaving of the previous account manager, I would not even have the place I am having now. And that they are already having another account manager coming in some time soon would mean that they don't need a temp staff as helper anymore. To be fair, the job scope I had (am having) is quite fun because you get to see what people do as a living, or what kind of plans are actually selling good. The only time that I am bored is when my main aim in the office is to pretend that I am very busy and that I have something to do.
My mum has today off so I managed to talk to her before I went to work in the morning. Remember the previous time I was complaining about how my parents change their minds about what is the right course for me to take, switching from physiotherapy (my initial aim) to nursing, then from nursing to business? When I finally told them I received the acceptance letter from NUS to study nursing 2 days back, their reactions are expected, and yet not that typical. Expected in the sense that they seemed to dislike this option, but had to live with it because it's the only acceptance I have. Not typical in the sense that you'd expect them to accept the idea of my studying nursing completely after they realised I have no other options, but their questions after accepting the fact were whether I can switch course after acceptance of the offer so long as I secured a place in NUS, or that I can still work in some areas that have nothing to do with nursing (in that sense I am just studying nursing for the sake of that piece of paper they call it degree). Anyway I was a little pissed off by their reactions (especially my dad's since he behaved in a way that he believes nursing will lead me to nowhere while my mum recovered and actually encouraged me to take the course in this situation), and getting a bit unsure of myself as to whether I SHOULD take up the course since I do not really have the drive for it (after all I had spent my time after A levels trying to psycho myself into believing that I like business and an abrupt change is hard to accept). So I was asking my mum for her opinion on if I really should accept nursing, and what she told me kind of enlightened me. She said that since I went for both interviews (for business and for nursing) and that only nursing accepted me, maybe I'm fated to have that future job. Nursing is a degree where you learn things that you won't possibly learn otherwise, and that it's a rare opportunity. I can't really remember word-for-word what she said, but the point is that Nursing is something that is worth the time and a degree that is not just for show but a skill that follows me on in my life. I am sure every other degree has its own benefits and something to learn about, but it is also true that if not for I received that acceptance, I would never ever consider nursing. For god's sake, I thought up physiotherapist as my goal initially, precisely because I want to be something different from my elder sisters but with a profession that will not lose to them (FYI, I chose English Literature as my Humanity Subject partially due to my interest, but mainly due to the fact that my elder sisters already chose Geography and History respectively). So now why choose nursing, right? But since it's already decided this way...Anyhow I have already accepted nursing online and am sending my forms in tomorrow, so my future is fixed, for the better or for the worse.
As a whole, I am trying my best to live life in my own way while moving along the path Life has decided for me. That probably sums up the whole post.
P.S. I realised I did not post my results on my blog, so I shall do it now when the heat is over.
GP: C
E LIT: C
and the rest got me pleasantly surprised...(my sis say I'm qian4 bian3 so I shall not write my grades for the better subjects..hrm)