April 20, 2010

RAH!
I think that is such a slow realisation, or just that I refused to believe in it. But after my sis getting all the successful applications for similar things that I applied 2 years back, I have to admit that the name of your school matters. Well, for one, the number of points you get during O level doesn't really matter much if you have talent elsewhere and can go in to the choice school by direct admission. Once you get in, it doesn't matter if you are lousier than the rest cause you'll still study the same things as everyone else. That you will be deprived of if you go to a not-so-famous school because the choices of subjects you can take is limited by the school itself, and the selection criteria are more stringent than that if you study in your choice school.
And even after 2 years of JC and you emerge with the same results as your friend from a better school, people tends to take in students from the better JC than yours. Because they take 4 H2 and you don't, because their school offer it to every one of their students and yours doesn't. Period.
okay I think it's damn sad and making me depressed. Whatever it is, I guess a small fish in a big pond will result in a better future than a big fish in a small pond. At least we solved that question now. Oh, and it's actually worth the effort to work hard in your CCA during Secondary school because it'll help you to get somewhere, but save the effort when you go to JC because your future is kind of already set. And it's really really not worth it if you are those who scored 6 points and go to schools below the top 5 because it's really useless. Hrm, am I being too short-sighted and overtly indignant? oh, and it's not my sis who scored worse than me in O level and got to a better school than me, since she went to VIP so didn't even take O level; nor am I the big fish in the small pond because my intelligence equate myself to a miniature fish that is struggling to breathe. I am mostly referring to my friend whom I oh-so-often complain about to my family about the unfairness (and no we are kind of better friends than most with me feeling a little unjust to shove off my responsibility for my state).
Feeling mad because the choice that I persuaded myself to be correct is proven wrong.