April 06, 2010

I think I've somehow started to blog about the sadder side of life in this blog, but since it has already started I shall just continue? And I shall see when I'll go back to blog at the other side..
I guess I've finally "hit the rock" in my course. And I finally realised the bad point about being in Nursing. As you can see/know/not know, I just finished my skill assessment for the semester and well, I expect myself to fail it. It's supposed to be simple and everyone say that everyone else will pass, but I made such terrible mistakeS that I see no hope, not even a chance, in passing. How could I have attempted to insert the NGT via the mouth? What was I thinking?? That the assessor asked, and I have no answer to it. AT ALL. I could still remember I said "open your mouth" and think it weird, and then the assessor's voice came, "What did you say?"..and the repeated question of "What were you thinking when you try to insert it through the mouth?" and my answer of "I don't know".
Then again, now I know. I was having fever, and have been feeling sick. But however much I was tempted to say that I am sick so I underperformed when the assessor asked, I couldn't. Because nursing is a profession that being sick is not an excuse to underperform. Not even when you are very VERY sick. Well, at least I have something to blame it on rather than myself.
Nice excuse, huh?