Been to and back from Macau. Went to Hong Kong and part of China within the same period as well, which means most probably if I am socially responsible enough I should be doing the 7 days quarantine from yesterday, I mean, this morning, onwards.
I bet I've gained sooooo much weight through the past few days cause I have been eating a lot, with very short intervals. And I am apparently been too lazy to walk too long so most of the time we travel via buses. I am beginning to feel proud that I was born in Macau, because it seems I've on my way to find a place where I really feel the sense of belonging. Funny it seems that I only lived there for less than 6 years, while I've been living in Singapore since 1998, and yet I can foster the bond of belonging so quickly in Macau while I still feel detached from Singapore, other than the fact that my friends are all here and I am used to the life style here. It should be something wrong with the country, or just something wrong with my senses, which I would definitely prefer the former arguement. Some way somehow no matter what I do the government and everyone around keep on reminding me that I am no citizen here and that I am not part of them. Wells.
This trip made me more determined to do some things, namely to learn how to cycle, to study harder so that I can get to the honours class (and of course get the first class), to learn driving, to earn more money so that I can buy houses for myself and my parents wherever we choose to live (but that would only be in Macau since we bought a house in Singapore already and my mum owns one apartment in China), to work overseas so that I can earn more money (which also means that I have to have perfect skills in nursing to have the foreign country hospital to hire me at high cost :P)..actually, everything I want to do will go back down to the simple fact that I want to have a very very successful job and earn more than enough money to spend and save. Of course all these must be accomplish fast and good before my parents get too old to use my money to travel to places they like and live the retired lives. It's sad to realise they are living here now because of the fact that we are studying here, when deep down I think they yearn to go back to Macau or even China because that is where they truly feel belonged to (since the feeling is mutual for most of the PRs, I conclude that my above conclusion is correct). I really wish I can accomplish their dreams of returning to their home town and live with the rest of my relatives, since Singapore is not somewhere that is welcoming to us.
And my private thoughts shall be left to the other blog, unless I cannot find way to express myself.
As you can see, this is another post work under the lack of sleep. :S