July 26, 2008

Did I mention that for this year's batch of nurses, there are altogether 75 of us, and approximately 6 guys? And to be frank, I was a little disappointed that the class is being expanded, because I imagined the class size to be similar to that of the previous batch. Oh and there are a lot of pretty girls in the batch (not me apparently)..not that it matters with grades. Anyway talking about that, we will be having similar modules with the dentistry and pharmacy people..well I guess I need to work hard to get to the top percentile? :)
Feeling drifted away and it is not supposed to be this way..it is my fault.
okay Zhuangyuan is finally back in Singapore..wish her mum better :)
I know I am not supposed to feel all alone because I am not, but I couldn't help myself to think that way..
Rah I think I'm supposed to be sleeping at this moment because I need to get up in time tomorrow so as to not to miss the shuttle bus again to DHS..but after I've been through camp sleeping at mostly past midnight even though I'm both mentally and physically tired, I'm getting used to sleeping late too..
talking about which, my hand and back still ache from the third day's tug-o-war..bleah have been thinking to myself that maybe I should have used the other side of my body so that at least the ache is balanced unlike now when only my left side is killing me..
Had a talking session with my mum just now and bitched about the doctors and spread the rumours about the doctors being incompetent. Imagine me not starting school yet but already set my mindset to think lowly of the doctors..Okay not lowly in the sense of their abilities (I really hope their grades would equate to their level of skills) but in the sense of their humanity..maybe it's forgivable that during the course of study and under the stress to perform and score they had already lost their sense of being able to help and want to help, just that when you heard about incidents not happening once but a lot of times, not in a single hospital but in general all the hospitals, not one doctor but a lot of doctors (to-be), and only on those patient without constant relative visits or of foreign origin(by that it does not include people with white skin because somehow they are always the "sought afters") and never those wealthy and famous, you wonder what the occupation and the people had became. You know, if you were to say that the talents are slowly leaking in this area, I think probably I can conclude that maybe the pull factor is attractive, there are also undeniable push factors. I, for one, if happen to have opportunity to go overseas to further my degree (after I get a first class honours, of course, which I am aiming at) I will, and probably stay there because it is well known that nurses at the European country is well respected and they are actually allowed to give medications. But that is but my shallow opinion huh? and after all I might in the end end up staying here for the rest of my life being a "permanent resident" (talk about irony)
I think I am not supposed to post such a "strongly-opinionated" post because Singapore HAS freedom of speech, I am currently not in the right state of mind to correct anything that may seem offensive to the "better bred"..Talk about being tired from inside out.
Goodnight.

thanks to Val Sab Pris Kiaming for the bag..I'll use it :)